Applications for the Kenya Arts Diary and the Kenya Arts Diary Residency programme
Artists who wish to submit to KENYA ARTS DIARY 2015, please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org and send some sample images ASAP.
Selection is already in progress! Deadline 31 MAY
KENYA ARTS DIARY RESIDENCY AWARD – Deadline 30 JUNE
This year one awardee will be selected. The successful applicant will receive:
• A full fee waiver for one month to work and reside full-time at either Kuona Trust or Kitengela Glass Trust
• A Stipend to support art expenses (art materials, art workshops & art centre visits)
• Access to a work station within a high quality artistic working environment where mentoring will be available in everything from artistic techniques and production to the business of marketing, pricing and selling one’s art
• Travel expenses to and from Nairobi if coming from another county
• A bursary of KSh5000 a week for four weeks
The Art Residency will run from mid-August to mid-September 2014.
OPEN DAY PRESENTATION At the end of the four week residency, the artist will be given an Open Day Exhibition of the work he or she has produced during the month. He or she will also be invited to make a presentation about the work produced and the process of participating in the KAD art residency.
The applicant must be:
• at least18 years old
• a practicing artist as demonstrated by a body of recent work
• available to reside at the art centre of his/her choice for one full month during August/September that year
How to Apply
1. A brief bio about yourself (maximum 50 words), including your name, contacts, educational background, current work station and CV.
2. At least three images of recent artwork
3. A 100 word (maximum) statement of purpose explaining what you intend to do during the art residency and why you feel you should be a recipient of the KAD Residency Award.
Email your application or queries to KenyaArtsDiary@gmail.com or hand-deliver it to Kuona Trust. Deadline for receipt of your application including bio, images and statement of purpose is 30 JUNE 2014.
Applications received after this date will be kept on file as reserves.