Yassir Ali is a Sudanese artist living and works as a fulltime artist in Nairobi in Kenya since 2003. He graduated in 1997 from the fine art Department of Sudan University for Science and Technology with a degree in fine art. Yassir is involved in many projects for Sudanese children like for Nafage Art Workshop Abd elKarim Mirghani Cultural Centre (AKMCC) in Sudan since 1998 and he was also responsible for promoting manual work of displaced poor and school drop-out children since 2000 for an organization called Children’s Culture of AKMCC. He is also a member of the Almada Art Group, Union for Sudanese Artist, and an artist at Kuona Trust based in Nairobi, Kenya.
His art work is inspired by Nubian culture, Nubian motifs, colours and atmosphere.
He has participate in several exhibitions, workshops and projects, namely:
- The International Forest workshops at Ongonge Forest – Nairobi. Kenya 2006 and 2008.
- President of artist over the Frontiers. Lyon- France. 2009.
- ARS 11 Exhibition at Kouvola. Finland. 2011
- Spherique Indian Ocean Art project- Zanzibar 2011.
- Habari two Exhibitions on art space and D.D.P Centre In Seoul. South Korea 2014.
- Kampala Art Biennial 2014. Kampala, Uganda.