Kuona Trust, Centre for Visual Art is dedicated to the generation, presentation and promotion of innovative contemporary visual arts practice in Kenya. Its artists’ studios, library, programme of exhibitions, artists’ talks, training & mentoring, education and international exchange, aims to provide opportunities for artists to develop new and experimental contemporary artwork within a context of international current practice.
Kuona provides a platform for innovation through art and creativity. We act as a voice for over 500 artists, plus, thousands each year who benefit from our training and programmes.
“An internationally acclaimed centre of contemporary visual arts that delivers world class services and artists”
We increase the awareness of contemporary visual arts while providing opportunities for skills advancement through unique experiences and community collaboration in order for artists to participate in local and international markets.
Kuona aims to;
- To find and nurture innate artistic talent
- To improve capacity and opportunities for professional artists
- To increase awareness and appreciation of contemporary Kenyan artists and art
Kuona offers a space for public to engage with creativity.It is also strong advocate for cultural exchange, hosting international artists’ workshops and residencies and assisting established artists to participate in exchange throughout the world- Kuona acts as a hub for its African network.
Our Core Values are:
- KUONA Believes in self-reliance of citizens and particularly artists
- KUONA believes in passion of artists as good developing art talent
- KUONA will ensure respect, integrity of visual artists
- KUONA values professionalism in its work
- KUONA Believes that humour and fun is an important part of a thriving visual art culture